Acord relies on over 100 volunteers each and every month to distribute much need food to our clients. Thanks to our dedicated volunteers we gave out over 11,000 bags of groceries in 2013.
We have many opportunities available. Below is a list of current volunteer job openings available at Acord:
- Collection Bin Pick-Up: Pick up donations at our 2 collection bins located at the HW Public Library and the Hamilton Police Station.
- Pantry Helper: Each Monday Acord receives deliveries of milk, cheese, yogurt and donated items from The Greater Boston Food Bank. Help is needed to unload the truck and help restock the pantry.
- Join a Distribution Team: Acord is open to clients 3 days a week. Each Wednesday morning, Thursday evening and Saturday morning a team of volunteers distributes 3 days worth of food to our families.
- Special Talent or Skill: Acord is often in need of a photographer, IT support, or other various jobs throughout the year. If you have a special skill you would like to share us, give us a call!
- To learn more or apply to become a volunteer contact Acord’s volunteer coordinator Michelle Horgan at email@example.com or leave a message at 978.468.7424.
Are you considering organizing a food drive for Acord? Before you set a date and make plans, please read our Food Drive Guidelines.